fbpx

$999 PER CERTIFICATE! LIMITED SPOTS LEFT!

Transforming Mind & Body: Graduate Success Story – Cameron Skillcorn & Transform40

Story – Cameron Skillcorn

Transforming Mind & Body

Graduate Success Story – Cameron Skillcorn & Transform40

There’s nothing we love more than seeing the success of our graduates, and the impact they’ve made in the health and fitness industry. With too many successful transformations to count, and tons of testimonials from their clients, our Graduate Cameron, along with his business partner TJ are clearly doing something right, with their business Transform40. We had the pleasure of learning more about what led Cameron to launching Transform40, and what he’s learnt since, including some invaluable insights for emerging fitness professionals.
What was your experience after graduating? 
After graduating I started working at Anytime Fitness, as a contractor, running my own PT business. While there, I got close with one of the other trainers, Trent Grum (TJ). He used to train me when I was a kid at school and I was training with him while I was at Uni, so he actually convinced me to become a PT.  While I was at Anytime, and we had re-connected Trent said “let’s start our own gym” and i was like “Righto. Let’s do it!”
From there, Transform40 was born.
What is your Mission & Vision for Transform40?
Our vision and mission is to transform the body and minds of the youth of Australia and the world, through mindset creation, habit creation, accountability, meal planning, and education, and through fitness of course – that’s a big one.
What is the  key to getting long term success for your clients?
I think accountability is a big one. Then it’s also creating an environment which they enjoy coming to, and they feel safe and looked after. I would say that’s probably all second to the mindset strategies we have. People know how to gain and lose weight, eat more and move less if you want to gain weight and vice versa for losing weight. The reason why people don’t do it is because there’s something between their ears that stops them.
Where our mission is to really get into their heads and sort out what they’re doing each and every day, how they’re perceiving the world, how they’re perceiving the work they have to do, and how they’re going about their lives that are either helping them, or it might be to their detriment.

Nate Devlin

How do you help clients with mindset and personal development?
We help clients with mindset and personal development through our online platform. We have an online platform that links up with a physical journal, which teaches them how to first of all, be consistent and be accountable to themselves, but also the things that they might be doing in their lives that are working against them that they might not even know. It helps them sharpen their tools when the stresses of life come knocking.

Nate Devlin

What do you find is the most rewarding part of your job? 
The most rewarding part of my job is either seeing my team excel or having individuals come up to me and say, “I really look up to you. You changed my life. I was struggling with this, this, and this, and now I’m not.” That’s a good position for me to be in because there was someone that did that for me back when I was younger.
What do you look for when you’re choosing your team members?
Number one is attitude. I don’t really care how qualified you are, as long as you have the right attitude towards your life, you’ll find a home here. If you’re looking for money, just solely, or if you’re looking for, I would say just significance, it probably isn’t the place for you. But if you’re looking to feel fulfilled, then you will excel, especially when times get tough or difficult, with our workload and split shifts, that kind of thing. Of course, the money and the feeling of being significant will come and stem from that.
What advice would you give to someone who’s just graduated? 
Get a good team around you. Find people who either have what you have, or they know what you want to know and copy them. Stand on the shoulders of giants.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in 2021?
2021, we’ve got a second gym opening the 20th of March. We’ve gone from Caringbah to Carlton. Then the idea is we’ll have a franchise. So the first franchise we sold at the end of 2021. Then our goal is to grow to have five next year, and 20 the year after that, and et cetera, et cetera.

Want to learn more about Transform40?

Check them out here:

https://www.transform40.com/

Transform40 on Instagram

Transform40 on Facebook

Transform40 on YouTube

SHARE THIS ARTICLE