Advanced Nutritional Coaching
This comprehensive course addresses many aspects of nutrition and food that are relevant to a health and fitness professional. The course provides you, as a student, with a fundamental knowledge of nutrition, and as such is essential for the fitness professional who seeks to better educate their clients.
With a strong focus on client health and performance, you will gain an understanding of food and how different foods can impact on a client’s overall health and fitness goals. The course will also look at how different combinations of foods and food groups can affect a client’s goals, and how to best help your client eat right to achieve their desired outcomes.
The course concludes with a review of the limitations of advice that a fitness professional can and cannot offer and how best to refer clients needing additional help to appropriate allied health or medical professionals.
Topics included in this course are:
- The basic principles of nutrition
- Assessing your client’s current diet and food diaries
- Building meal plans for clients
- Understanding how the body uses nutrients as fuel for energy
- Carbohydrate loading
- The Nutrient Timing Factor
- Hydration and eating around exercise
- Weight loss
- Professional, legal and insurance considerations
- Nutritional deficiencies, intolerances and allergies
- Scope of practice and when to refer clients
- Sports supplements
The course is delivered and assessed online.
The duration of this course is 6 months, including assessment. A certificate of completion will be issued upon successful completion.
Entry Requirements: There are no pre-requisites for this course