Accredited Short Course
Cert III Upgrade (SRF-SIS10)
(20 CECs / 6 PDPs)
- SISFFIT308A Plan and deliver gym programs
Essential Workplace Skills
- SISFFIT302A Provide quality service in the fitness industry
- SISXIND101A Work effectively in sport and recreation environments
- SISXOHS101A Follow occupational health and safety policies
- SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities
Plus your choice of either:
Strength and Conditioning
- SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI305A Conduct individualised long-term training programs
or two of the following:
a) Endurance Training
SISFFIT312A Plan and deliver an endurance training program
b) Older Adults Fitness Training
SISFFIT314A Plan and deliver exercise to older adults with managed conditions
c) Children’s Fitness Training
SISFFIT313A Plan and deliver exercise to apparently healthy children and adolescents
This course has been designed to allow the already qualified gym instructor to upgrade to the most current fitness training qualification available. Much like the fitness industry itself, the gym instruction qualification is always changing, often to keep up with the latest research being conducted or the most recent feedback being offered from industry consultations.
The course has been written to specifically ‘bridge the gap’ from previous fitness qualifications to the latest, and allows a gym instructor to hold and maintain the most recent fitness qualifications available.
All theory is delivered and assessed online.
The duration of this course is 6 months, including assessment.
Entry Requirements: A certified copy of your current Certificate III in Fitness will be required for enrolment into this course. If you wish to obtain a full SIS30313 qualification (giving you 20 CEC/ 6 PDP), a copy of your current First Aid & CPR qualification will need to be submitted to Onfit Training College before completion. A practical assessment may be required depending on currency of previous qualification and experience.