Study online at your own pace
6 month course timeline
Support 7 days a week
Weight Management Psychology Course Outline
Considered the missing link in many weight management programs to date, psychology can no longer be ignored as a vital ingredient for the success of weight management programs.
If you are working in the weight management industry, considering this fantastic career path, or hoping to learn more for your own personal development, then this course is for you.
This short course can stand alone or be a bridge to further study in the Certificate IV in Weight Management. Presented as 5 modules, this course contains the content within the following unit of competency:
- WMTPSY401A Analyse and apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- Identify the psychological principles of behaviour change as they relate to weight management
- Discuss the link between body image, self-esteem and mind set
- Support clients to undertake behaviour change
- Implement strategies to support client behaviour changes
- Apply a variety of motivational techniques for behaviour modification
The course is presented using a variety of interactive slides, videos and notes. As a self-paced course, you can study when it suits you.
To complete the course, you’ll be required to complete a short written assessment (containing multiple choice and short answer questions) as well as provide a practical demonstration of the skills you’ve learnt, which can be completed via film submission.
Online Theory & Portfolio
Accreditation & Recognition
Includes nationally accredited units
Recognised by Fitrec